Saturday 16 March 2013

La Cucaracha

Well, it's an odd thing, but I don't think I have ever made a red Jooky, and I don't really know why. Though I've never liked red Strats either, possibly because of Hank Marvin, but more probably because they remind me of the Bontempi guitar my brother got when we were kids that I was really jealous of, which I got an orange church organ thing instead.

Maybe that is it, maybe I am that sad and shallow.

But whether it is therapy or not, I have decided to make a red guitar - and I want it to be quite surftastic, so it'll have lippy pickups and be somewhat offset in form. I've got a love/hate thing going on with the reverse Jazzmaster 'Boracha' things, but I want this to be more coming from the Jackson/Charvey Surfcaster site of the road.

We'll see anyway. I'm thinking red Mother of Jooky/fairy dust sprinkling will be a nice touch, for The La Cucaracha One, when it finally arrives, maybe one-day sometime probably.

La la laaaa

No comments: