Saturday 30 March 2013

The Body of a Chimera


Well, it may seem a little daft when I started with a beautiful walnut body (it's that missing chromosome) but I decided that The Chimera One should look, err, rosewood.

It isn't a Beatles thing, but I've always loved the Fender Rosewood Tele and this is probably as close as I will get for now, so what the hell.

And I'm rather impressed with how it has turned out. It is 'Time Stained' as ever, so a bit battered in places, but I left it shiny for a change and it works.

Obviously this is going to be an Esquire too, so I fitted the rather nifty Bakelite pickguard and have ordered a nice ebony 'boarded neck, as I have a new found love for such things after playing The Black Russian One.

Also of course, it is destined to boast the first ever Gimp Tele pickup, I know I can hear you are excited in your voice.

Not a lot else happening of course, but it is a time for miracles, so who knows..

La la laaaa



2 comments:

Philip said...

Very nice. What stain did you use? I'm thinking of getting a body with a rosewood laminate top and staining the back (ash or alder) to match.

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

It was just a rosewood stain - Rustins - but with a bit of black in it as otherwise they tend to come out a bit pinkish. Sounds nice though, there are some great bodies around these days..