Wednesday 11 January 2012

A Sick Exit - Stage Not Quite Left

Well, it's always a sad day when one of the Jooky brood scrambles from my clutching hand and blinks in the daylight as it escapes the coop, but here I am waiting for a courier to collect The Sick One and take it to it's new home with Matt.

And even more than most I'll be really sad to see it go, not least because it looks cool and I haven't been able to walk past it without losing half an hour to it's nefarious charms, or because the Catswhisker P90 sounds so good. Credit where it is due, but Allan knows how to wind a special pickup and I can see me getting another of these for a future Tele. It is simply put, gorgeous.

While I'm waiting of course, I will be having a look under the sand and seeing what sort of mess I've made of the veneer on The Gypsy One. I had a sneaky peek last night and it seemed very flat and bubble free. Then I left it in the freezing cold, so god knows what it will be like.

While I'm thinking Teles, I also snapped up another of the beasts, which should arrive next week sometime. I seem to be on a mission at the moment, but it is just how the sticks drop really, no great masterfilled plan.

Courier, courier, where are youuu...?





No comments: