Thursday 19 January 2012

Can't Seem To Blink

Unartistic Impresh
Hand taped stuck on fretboardcoveryupthing
Well, yesterday proved a bit of a non-event.

Waiting for a courier meant that not a lot other than pacing got done in the sanding department, and as I'm awaiting two couriers today I can't say I'm getting too optimistic..

Instead I spent a few gentle hours playing and setting-up The Old Burny and Gypsy Ones. They are an interesting pair in truth, as they are pretty much my ideal guitars-that-aren't-offset and if I saw them in a shop would no doubt snap them up.

They are stretching my 'Don't keep The Jookies' rule to extremes, it has to be said.

It is tough sometimes.

Being so, err, righteous and strong of will.

Still, maybe nobody else will want them. It would be nice to have some stock-that-doesn't-shift in the Emporium for once.

As for newer things, of the two Tele projects I've got coming, one is going to be a single pickup Esquire and the other is going to be more of a Seventies Rocker, I think. Humbucker plus an interesting single coil of some type.

I feel like I'm coming towards the end of the corroded finishes, so these might be a final hurrah along with The Iceblink One. Maybe one each of iron, bronze and copper would be a fitting finale. Or perhaps I should mix it up a bit already... Not sure.

But what to do...what to do.

Well, I can - and have, as time has passed without a seam - at least cut the ebony veneer stuff to size for The Iceblink One's fretboard. And very nice it looks too, if I say so myself, which as there is nobody here apart from me, I have to. I'm thinking this should have a corroded bronze finish as it happens and I am going to try and do a veneer on the scratchplate after all. It will have to have a join, but what the hell. It will no doubt be as seamless as everything else I do.

So, I need to find some plastic to cut the shape out of. I don't want to use scratchplate material as it will be a bit thick, and I can't go out to buy anything so it needs to be something here. One of the kids' toys, maybe? Or would that be cruella?

La-di-la-daaa





No comments: