Wednesday 25 January 2012

All but the shouting

Well, my super and groovy Seymour Duncan Jaguar Quarter Pounder pickup arrived, after all.

Quicker than it took my to type the name, I'd plonked it into The Iceblink One, where along with it's chrome claw, it nuzzled into the hole quite sweetly. I went for this one as it is meant to have a better sustain than a standard Jaguar pickup. Or so old Seymour reckons, and you know what he is like.

The only downside was that when I came to wire it up, I realised I have run out of pots and jack sockets, so I am back to waiting for them. I did however fit the strap pins - they always worry me until I do, as I have a tendency to forget to put them on as I fall over if I stand up and play much these days, so I rarely use a strap. Just a bungee rope.

I also ordered some jazzy flatwound strings too, which will come in handy. (ahem)

Still, we're looking good and a vigorous rub with a brillo pad (or something)  on the back of the neck has done wonders, it feels lovely now.

As far as the nut goes, I've left it off for now as I'm guessing it will need a bit of 'finessing' to get the height right once the strings are on.

So as tomorrow I will be unfulfilled in the waiting-for-bits department, I'll need to do something else. Although I guess I could put some roundwound strings on the Iceblink just to sort the nut height out, but narr, might as well do the grown up thing and wait to do it proper-like.




No comments: