Monday 23 January 2012

Monday, Monday...So Good To Me

Well, with The Iceblink One getting closer and closer, regardless of whether it works out or explodes under my nose and scorches protruding nail hair, I have started to ponder the eternal 'What comes Next?' imponderably imponderable question.

As I stand, I have an Explorer to get back from the professional de-gunkers, a couple of Telecasters and that is about it.

The Explorer, I now have a deadline, so will be chasing greasy people with tanks of foul unctions to see if they have got their collectives out and sorted my issue - removed whatever it was painted with that even Nitro Mors and a week in a black bag does little to trouble. That's like extreme waterboarding for guitars.

As for the Tele, I'm thinking that the more traditional one should get the full bronze treatment. It is going to be a single pup Esquire, though as to what pup, I can't decide quite yet between trad or something else. it should be simple, but there we are. It isn't.

Picking the colour first is good anyway.

The other one, I'm not sure what to do with it, as silly though it seems  it is in perfect condition, and looks, plays and sounds beautified already. So it will probably just move on to newly pastures un-Jookied. It happens sometimes, even here.

As for the Iceblink, well the body is done. I've added the bridge and tried out the scratchplates. As it happens, the little Jaguar-like part I'm not going to put on as it looks a wee bit silly. just the knobs and output jack will look fine. So it's down to whether I can sort the neck out really...

Anyway, I've screwed the 'plate on and lacquered it and using a pair of fingernail scissors, managed to split the veneer slightly next to one of the screws. It looks more unkempt that way - the last thing I wanted was it to look too Jazz-teacherish.

I've also now sanded the sides of the fretboard and given the ebony an initial coat of lacquer. It will get a few more today and once that is sorted I've just got to sort out the rest of the neck. I can't quite decide whether to go with some rust or whether to just oil it and maybe stain it. We'll see.

As things stand then, depending upon the usual gifts from some god or other in terms of developing my serenity, I am hopefullyfilled with expectations in the this-could-be-finished-this week-ness department.

I just wouldn't bet on it, really.

No comments: