Thursday 7 July 2011

Loving it when a plan sort of works, eventually, like

Well, my one-off Bogof turned-up trumps at the end, and the Fat Old Man himself snapped up another couple of Jookies, which means that he can retire once everybody realises that I'm the new Paul Reed Smith and the four guitars he'll have are worth a fortune. Couldn't happen to nicer bloke.

Other than that, work-shy relatives mean I'm playing Flo' Nightingale for the rest of the week, so there is unlikely to be a lot of progress on the Jooky side of life. I did however get a wee bit of work done on the neck of The Beaton One but never showed you, my imaginary reader, and gave it a jarring, and most unmatching headstock.

Rubbish foto, innit?
This is some new leaf for me - a rather jazzy blue/gold variegated one, and is destined for a guitar body, but it seemed right for The Beaton One to have a little taster as it has just about every other leaf I've used so far on it. And I have to say, it looks rather lovely. Even though the foto is terrible and doesn't show it at all.

Thinking about The Beaton One, I decided that the tuners I had planned to use weren't good enough when I came to put them on, so I've ordered some nice locking ones, and while I was at it I've ordered one of them there sustain-filled steel blocked tremolos as well.

Oh, and some different knobs (I'd gone for speed knobs, but I can't say I like them - they always look so clunky to me) so I think I'd like to try some Tele knobs on it. I'm going for a Tele switch tip as well, because, well I like them.

Hopefully then this little gem will be up-and-running next week, and then on to pastures new. In terms of giving it away, I've been thinking of lots of weird and oddly strange ways, and finally come down to the simplest. I'll ask who wants it and then randomly choose somebody from the, well let's face it - millions - who respond. Can't beat simplicity. It also means I don't have to do much work.

As for The Moulin Rouge One, I decided to change my mind again, as there is a 'Y' in the day, and it is now going to feature a PRS P90 and a Bare Knuckle 'Stormy Monday'. I know, another change,  I can't keep up myself. The reason being that I just feel like it. Blah blah blah.

Other than that, the summer holibobs are rapidly approaching, and so I'm planning on winding things down a bit. I'm going to aim to do a pedal or three if I can manage the soldering, and apart from that the only guitar I'm going to touch is The Old Burny One over the six-weeks-of-hell, as it is known around here. And if I haven't finished it by then, The Blue Moon One, before it has an anniversary of it's own.

But there we are, enough of that drivel... I need to find some brown paper and get the FoM's guitars off to him...

No comments: