Tuesday 19 July 2011

The End of Paisley as we know it?

The Blue Moon One
I know I keep using this foto
but I haven't done anything with it since
Well, time is a running away with me, if I'm actually going to get The Blue Moon One dusted and done or hosed and in the homestead. or whatever it is I need to do before the holibob tsunami hits my quietish peace..

So Tuesday is officially Mooning day, as Wednesday is Bristol/Gordo day and Thursday is last-chance-salon day. You can see my predicament. There aren't may left.

So what has been the problem with TBMO? I know I've mentioned my shaky soldering paw, and that is part of it, but I've managed half-a-dozen other guitars while I've been faffing around not doing this. So it must be something else.

And the truth is that I've wired it three times, or maybe four, it is starting to blur.

Three times it worked anyway, but unfortunately in all cases the wiring didn't fit in with the routing which is a bit odd. Now don't get me wrong, I've measured it, and planned it on cardboard, but everytime, it hasn't quite managed to fit and it does my head in.

So I storm away and sulk for a month. All very childish, and maybe I should have just chopped some lumps of wood out of it, but I haven't - mainly because it would knacker the finish, of which I am rather chuffed and pleased, in that order.

So anyway, Tuesday - this time I'm taking a different approach that involves bandages, soap, a small pile of salt and an aubergine. Maybe even some burnt feathers if I can catch one of the magpies laughing at me thru the window. Which I probably should have done in the first place, but there we are. And if this doesn't work, well, another sulk will be in order...

The annoying thing is that it is one that I'm really pleased with. The paisley is likely to be the last one I ever do, the lipstick pickups I've used before and I know will sound great, and the Lulu Coppertop scratchplate looks amazing. The neck is a beauty too and ever the tuners are classy. It should be perfect, and yet, I just can't seem to deliver on it
.
It isn't so much the soldering that bugs me, it is the un-soldering when I bugger it up that grates.

In other news, I realised I needed a case for The Beaton One, which was daft as I ordered some last week and thought I had enough, so that was another chore. Should be here in time for next Monday's despatch anyway. Though typing that I've realised that I forgot to get one for The Blue Moon One, if that isn't tempting providence to sneak into fate's house and connect tripwires to bags of flour and buckets of tar and bundles of feathers on every door. But there we are. I might as well get one anyway.

I know that when I come to flog these babies of mine, cases makes them more expensivo, but they do seem to arrive more or less in one piece when I do, so it is a better thing.

But TBMO, it really needs to be sorted out. I have so many other things I need to torture myself over.

Traaa-la-laaa.
the End.

No comments: