Sunday 10 July 2011

A New Week Dawns

Beaton around the ring?
Who can say?
Well, The Red or Dead One went pretty quickly in the end, despite my best efforts at adopting the Basil Fawlty approach to sales and marketing. Maybe I should try the Ratner approach next...

Either way, it means we're back to our natural state of no-guitars-for-sale, which is good as it always makes me feel lazy and induces a deep-seated need to get my finger out and build something. More to the point I can afford to buy some much needed parts and finishing materials, which always helps

All this talk of money though, well it makes me feel better that oddly, the next Jooky build to be completed, is The Beaton One which I won't be selling at all and as I mentioned a dozen times before, am intending to give away. Just as soon as it is complete.

And complete it nearly is, apart from a few home-run-niggles, where I've been 'disappointed' by the tuners which despite being classy Schaller ones, don't seem solid enough to me to be stable and well, a couple of other things I need to do as well, which are far too boring to talk about on a Sunday.

This week though, I expect to have it done and I'm aiming to give it away next weekend, or at least the following Monday. But we'll see. I need to get a super and dooper tweedy case for it of course, must remember to do that. Always embarrassing when I come to wrap things up and I haven't got one.

After that, I need to get to grips with The Moulin Rouge One, but in truth that might be one for the Autumn, as we are winding down and into the school holibobs trough. Though I have all the parts, which always makes it tempting, it has to be said. Though the finish I'm still all-of-a-bobble over.

We'll see though.

No comments: