Friday 8 July 2011

Clearing The Decks...

Well, it seems more comfortable to be back to the single-guitar-for-sale position we're used to here in Jookyland, but not as good as I feel when there are no-guitars-to-sell, as that gives me a kick and I go on and do, well, something.

Saying that, having three just feels wrong somehow. Not that I don't miss my little kiddies when they move on, but there we are. Who wants their kids stuck in a dark box and left to warp?

One to think about over the coming school holidays, I fear.

Blackheart Killer Ant -Actual Size?
As it happens I've been having a bit of a guitar related clearout in recent times, and my little Blackstar 1W amp is to be posted today to somebody new. No real reason other than I get itchy feet and need to try something else. No doubt I'll be buying it back before the summer is out.

To replace it I've got hold of another diminutive home-loud amp in the form of a Blackheart Killer Ant. This is still teeny weeny, 1W again, I think, but is a head plus a cab, so in reality will be louder than the Blackstar was, I think.

Quite looking forward to trying it anyway. One drawback compared to the Blackstar is that it doesn't have reverb - I'm addicted to reverb - so it is a good reason to go find a pedal. I used to have an EHX Holy Grail which was cool, so I might try one of those again, we'll see. Though I like the look of their Cathedral too. Maybe I should wait for The Vatican or Holy Lands or something bigger still.

What else? Well, the Shergold is off to a nice chap called Rob - who bought The Pretty In Pimp One aeons ago and seems to have similarly odd tastes to mine. And then there are some other things.

Guitar in need of a new home
I've also put together/fixed The Little Red Charvette I was talking about a while back, but like the Shergold, can't quite bring myself to change it enough to Jookify it, so that will probably be Ebay bound soon as well.

There are other things too, but this is getting tedious.

What is this all about? Well, I guess I'm clearing the decks a bit, although I haven't quite explained why to myself yet. Time will tell, no doubt.




Anyway, people seem to like special offers, so I'll do another one for The Red or Dead One later today. Not sure what it will be yet, but something good methinks.

No comments: