Tuesday 12 July 2011

A Day For A Black Heart & The Golden Shower

Well, typically, the courier did the no-show thing with aplomb yesterday, so today is going to be a bit more boring than expected.


However, in my defence, I have laid out all the underground parts for The Blue Moon One, and all it needs is a bit of steadified soldering. How hard can it be?

(The simple answer is that if it proves easy, you'll hear all about it today, otherwise you won't, I guess.)

Other things that may or may not happen today, are that my Blackheart Killer Ant could well turn-up (in which case I hope you'll realise that everything else goes out the window), and also I should be getting a bag of parts to finito The Beaton One.

Oh, and a battered old Strat that leapt at me from Ebay the other night. The body looked awful, but the neck was, well, sensual. I really shouldn't drink alone then hit the 'net. Gets me into all kinds of trouble.

I do seem to be collecting Strat parts at the moment. I haven't done one for a while, my move towards different shapes has worked and I think it has been three SGs, a couple of Jaguar/Jazzmaster sorts and an Explorer, oh and a Telecaster (Lulu, my Lulu) not forgetting of course, my Golden Shower Les Paul.

It was good to do, and I'll keep on doing the do, but maybe a couple or three Strats wouldn't be the end of anything round and sparkly.

I'm also dithering about the Charvette. It is in one piece again, I think I said, and plays amazingly well, even if I don't, and I was just going to shove it on Ebay...but I'm starting to think that maybe, just maybe I should do something else with it. I am sorely tempted to try laminating it with some ridiculously OTT birds eye maple - not that I've ever done such a thing before, but it sounds fun, but then, I can't but help think that it would be a great one to do some sort of comic book thing. Marvel rather than  a Beano or Dandy, maybe Spiderman or Hulk, the Xmen or my fave of all time Captain America - with a healthy film tie-in. La la la.

Well, we'll see. I still have the problem about the pickups, but I guess I could replace them. Or is that all getting a bit predictably obvious. Maybe it is.

¬¬¬¬ Not Very Musical Interlude ¬¬¬¬¬

Well, the scratty Strat showed up, so the neck is off and I think I have got blood poisoning removing the rusted strings, but there we are. The neck is indeed beautiful under the silt. The body looks as though it has been attacked by a 6-month-old with a box of Crayola.

More importantly though, my little Blackheart Killer Ant just arrived too and it is already plumbed in and earning it's corn.

And I have to say I am very impressed. Only 1W but 1W thru the little speaker in the Blackstar is a helluva a lot quieter than 1W thru the Blackheart's Cab.

Ask the neighbour's three-week-old son.

Still it is very nice indeedy, and I have to say The Golden Shower One's P90s sound immense.

No reverb though, so I might just have to find a pedal, that's a shame...

So in summary, not a lot will get done today again I expect...

No comments: