Saturday 2 July 2011

Saturday is Tizzwaz Day

Well in the interests of doing something useful, I've ordered some parts - enough for five pedals. These I think will be varieties of Sophie's Filthy Boots fuzzes and there we are.

When they will be finished, I'm really not sure but they will one day, sometime, somewhere. If nowt else it is something to do over the summer holibobs, though I don't see them as being something I do a lot of in the future, just here and there.

Just doing my sums really.

As for guitars, I've been thinking about The Moulin Rouge One, and about what I'll do with it.

I said before I've got the PRS P90 Soapbar and '72 Gibson Mini-humbucker, so that side is easy enough, but it's the finish that has got me going around in circles.

I have got some red paisley, which is the main plan-plank, but I don't know in truth. I've also got some gloriously ziggy-zaggy leaf, which could be interesting.

Saying that, I fancy doing something else with copper and this would be an ideal one, or maybe even corroded bronze, which is another option too.

But then, as per,
    so many options
         so few decisions.

                 All so verily tempting.

Having said that, I like the idea of something else rusty, but maybe with a different approach to the lacquer - maybe try to go for a brighter shade of reddy rust if it is possible.

All of which no doubt means I'll change the name three times before I start to actually do anything about it and then doing something completely different anyway.

As for other guitars, I've been doing well at reducing the body (and neck) count around here, and so have ended-up with a single Strat after those mentioned already are done, that are for Jookification. I have got a couple more things too, but I like them as they are, so they probably will just get moved on or built into 'normal' guitars and moved on like that. Not something I've done too often before (never in fact) but there we are.

The Charvette is case in point, what can I do with that that will make it 'more so'?

I don't know.

Anyway, it's time for a break from guitars and to do a bit more experimenting over the summer.

No comments: