Tuesday 5 July 2011

BOGOF? Maybe a little rude for a Tuesday...

Well, rather typically for a Monday, I changed my mind all over again, got somewhat going, and 'made great strides' as far as The Beaton One goes.

Rather rubbish foto of
The Beaton One
The final specification is now formalised, and in typical fashion, I'm back to where I started with a three single coil Strat, covered in a variety of golden leaf and a selection of verdigris.

It is even wired up, though I need to do a touch more work to the neck, not least attach it to the body, which is one of Jooky life's fundamentels.

Why the change of plan?

Well, I'd actually managed to confuse myself somewhat and forgotten I'm doing two Strats (or planning to anyway) and that I had already sorted the other one out for the pickups I was half thinking about using on The Beaton One. And as they can't be in two places at the same time (Schrödinger's cat, apart) something had to give.

It is that clarity of thought that makes Jookyland such a fine place to be.

Always predictible and rarely
sad.

Anyway, I'm hoping that The Beaton One will be finished by Thursday, and then I need to think of a good way to give it away.

Saying
              'Who wants it?'

seems a bit obvious, after all.

Not least because nobody might.

Always a worry.

More generally, I am in the odd position of having three Jooky guitars available to buy at the same time.

Very rarely has that happened before, and if I get my finger out and finally finish The Blue Moon One I may have to get a bigger web site or house to hold them all. Which would be expensive and rather annoying.

So to avoid such rapid expansionismistic thingies, I'm open to offers/trades/ for any of them.

In fact if you buy one of them for £399 you can pick one of the others too for free.

Until I forget or maybe change my mind and deny everything.

So a short-term BOGOF offer, who'd have thought it?

And even that is likely to be a one-off.

2 comments:

fat old man said...

I for one would be very interested in that offer - always looking for freebies. So if someone doesn't get a huge bargain first, I might just have to go for The Rusting Nail One with a free guitar. However, I don't really have that much money and I already have 2 Jookies - so if someone more deserving of it gets in first, it's probably for the best

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Ah, FoM - I think you are showing signs of addiction :)

Not that that is a bad thing, of course...

Did I mention easy payments, 0% interest, part exchange and free double glazing with every order?

No ?

Probably for the best...