Friday 1 July 2011

Did you miss me? Yeah,...

OK, maybe Gary Glitter songs don't present the kind of image us wholesome purveyors of fluffy guitars are in search of. Forget I asked.

The Beaton One
Needing a new scratchplate methinks
Well, back again, and I've been having a play with The Rusting Nail One this morning, and it really is quite intriguing. Most of the 'interest' has been about finding out how the Wizard Novatron performs, of course, and the simple answer is that the more I play it, the more I like it.

I think playing it quiet, as I did the other day, doesn't really show it off at it's best. It is very clean and noise-free-quiet, and very useful, but it isn't until you crank it up a wee bit that what is different about it starts to shine.

It is subtle but in a lot of ways stunning. When Andy, the Wizard chap, mentioned both resonator and Leslie tones, I was a bit confused as basically they aren't two that I would naturally put together as being likely, but he is bang on the money as it can certainly give you plenty of options in both 'camps'.

Hmmm, navel gazing, time to move on.

Today then, will involve some tweaking of The Rusting Nail One, not least because I've realised that I have lost the rear compartment cover somewhere, which is annoying, and because I need to spend a bit of time setting it up.

Obligatory Sexy Red or Dead
Gratuitously close-up and impersonal
After nailing the Nail, I'm going to do something about The Beaton One. I've got another Irongear Alchemist 90 P90 thingy, which will be uber cool as it is in the Rusting Nail One and in so many others I'm sure, and alongside that I'm going to use the Catswhisker PAF humbucker I forgot I had until I remembered. Other than fitting those, I think the guitar is pretty much done if I remember correctly. Which I don't usually, lets face it.

Be nice to have it finished today too, it would mean I can start afresh next week. Or have a little nap or something.

All of which will mean that I'll have four completed Jookies in my possession, which is a first and can't last. I'll have to give The Beaton One away soonish, methinks.

All good though...

No comments: