Monday 18 July 2011

Of Cabronitas and Telemasters

Well, some interesting diversions coming along at the moment..

Firstly, I was really chuffed to see some fotos of a guitar put together from longterm-friend-of-Jooky Andy, the first and only chap to have a signature Jooky Guitar - The Crowley One.

Though his name isn't Crowley,
but that's just how we do things around here.

Anyway, Andy put himself together a lovely Cabronita out of a collection of parts, finished it in Nitro and I have to say I am well impressed.

I can't wait to see the blue stable-mate he is already planning...

* Sigh* I can see what I'm going to be having a go at sometime soon...it looks gorgeous.


Speaking of unplanned plans, I also came across a new Cornish-based luthier called Fusion Guitars, which as it happens is run by a cool chap called Simon who frequents the Music Radar Forums, what like I do.


Anyway, he has got Fusion up and running, and is not going the usual Fender/Gibson clone route of so many others, but instead is doing some interesting stuff around the edges. He is also a dealer for Allparts and TV Jones, which should make life simpler around here. Certainly one to be watched - you can find him on Facebook HERE.

The reason for the mention, is that I noticed he had a Red Cedar Telemaster type of body nearly finished, which for the uninitiated is a Jazzmaster outline with Tele routing/neck etc.

These were initially a kind of urban myth, but a few are popping up from Custom shops, and I have to say I've long fancied one. Anyway, long and short of it is that once it is done, it will be coming this way - and I seriously can't wait.

So much for a summer off, eh?

As for other things, the competition for The Beaton One seems to be getting some interest still, which is nice...

La la la





2 comments:

Dickinstein said...

Wahoo , My little guitars famous :-)

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Ah, your little guitar is uber cool - that's the main thing :)