Wednesday 6 July 2011

BOGOF - Last Day is Today and then more interesting stuff


If you want me...
Well, first things first - when I mentioned the BOGOF yesterday, I was half joking, but then it seemed a 'Why-the-hell-not' kind of idea and I went with it.

As a few people asked about it, and I never really thought it through, I realise I neglected to mention how much of an offer it was. In fact it was only going to be for yesterday, but as I didn't say that, I'd better say it was for today as well. Especially as it is half over.

So to clarify

TODAY IS THE LAST DAY OF THE ONE AND ONLY EVER JOOKY BOGOF OFFER

So if you want to buy a lovely Jooky guitar for £399 delivered, you can choose a second free.

(As there are only three Jooky guitars for sale, I guess this will end if anybody actually does buy one, if you see what I mean.)

God smallprint...sheesh.

***

You can have me....
Moving on, I've had a bit of a brainstorm as far as The Moulin Rouge One goes, and travelled away from the long held belief that it will have a P90 at the neck and an old '70s Gibson mini-humbucker at the bridge, and so now I've decided to go for something a bit different.

At the neck it will now have a beautiful Bare Knuckle Stormy Monday humbucker, whilst at the bridge it is going to be treated to a normal Telecaster bridge pickup, maybe a Bare Knuckle Brown Sugar or a Bare Knuckle Boss.



Unless I change my mind again

The reason for the change is down to The Lulu One, as the Brown Sugar in that was awesome, and basically, I quite wanted this Tele to have a few Tele-type sounds on tap too and this looked a good plan.. I'm also going to use a proper Tele bridge if I can work out how, instead of the fixed one I started with.

Anytime, anyplace...I'm yours...
To complete the rowt, it is going to have a corroded copper finish (blue-ish) with a corroded bronze scratchplate (more greeny coloured), assuming I can manage both. I may have those around the wrong way.

So it is not going to be looking very rouge at all, in truth, but there we are. It should be rather stunning anyway. And maybe I'll put a bit of lace across the headstock or something. Sigue Sigue Sputnik style.

It's odd, but for once I can see (in me noggin) exactly how this one will/should look once it is done. In fact the picture is so clear that I almost don't need to build it as I already know what it is going to be like once I have. Trouble is, when I do 'visualise' it, I see it with a maple 'board and I've got a rosewood one...

*sigh*

It never ends, day it?

8 comments:

fat old man said...

come on - someone go for the offer - i've already mentioned it to my wife and she hasn't mentioned divorce or even extreme violence - so if you don't go for it the flat screen tv might wait

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

I think I wish I'd met your wife first FoM :)

Go on, you know you want to ;)

fat old man said...

the offer appears to still be on. If it's still on when I get home and bobody has the offer up I'll go for it - I definitely want to go for The Rusty Nail One (as it sounds different) then I'll have to struggle over The Futuristic One that looks amazing and The Red Or Dead One that just appeals - specially with the built in effect. Hopefully someonelse will snap up the guitars first, so I don't have to um and ah about it

fat old man said...

bobody???? my typing is terrible

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

If you want them FoM, they're yours.. Would it be easier if I just moved into your spare room and made guitars for you there?

Fat Old Man said...

yes - and if you could take the dog for walks and clean the guttering that would be perfect
I've decided to go with The Rust Nail One and The Fururistic One!! I'll Paypal the The Rusty Nail One

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

And didn't you just...I'll be in touch soonest :)

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Ah, dogs...I'm kinda allergic to dogs. Sorry. I'll just have to take in your washing instead, hope that is OK