Monday 27 August 2012

You Can't Read Me

Well, as I write this you can see that I'm getting a bit stir crazy.

No, that's wrong.

As I write this you can't see it at all as I haven't put it onto the site/blogthing yet as it clearly isn't finished at all, so it is silly to say that.

So basically, while I was writing this, I now realise you can't see anything at all, but later, once I've finished it, read it a couple of times, right-clicked on the red-wiggly-underlined-words and tried to remember what it was I meant when I wrote 'Btt2ns', scurried around for a vaguely relevant foto, uploaded it and then finally got bored and published it to the interweb, where it has hung around a while until you happen across it by whatever magic that works, and then you've read this far and realised that perhaps my initial assertion was right and I am in spiky point of factuality a bit stir crazy. Then you may have caught up and generally seen or at least read that it is true.

But regardless of that, stirring crazily I am, and I've definitely got that itch again, and am desperate to get going with all these shonky guitars I have swimming in my head. As ever I have a few to sort out - not quite sure how that happened - but it is all good.

As for meself, the Old China Tokai should show up this week sometime, which is good, but I haven't quite killed off the idea of a Fender (or Squier) Jaguar. I know, I know, it never ends.

In fact the Squier is more likely dosh-wise, and if they are as good as the Squier Jazzmaster I tried the other day, which pickups apart was rather lovely, they should be close enough for the likes of me.

In fact if I bought a MIJ Jaguar I'd no doubt be factoring the cost of a set of pickups anyway, so no big deal. So the Squier it probably might be, unless somebody buys The Fabulous One before that nice Shoreline gold one sells on Ebay. Maybe. But more probably the Squier.

I'm not scared to upgrade things.

That may surprise you.

It does go against the grain to buy any guitar new though, and to be fair that is probably the only thing making me hang back. I feel the same about the Fender Marauder, they just don't seem to pop up too often second-hand. Especially in blue, which I rather liked.

But there we are, still pacing the floor, waiting for something, always waiting.

Still, young Mr Mojo has done me the Jazzmaster loom and pickups for The Fallen One so once I have routed the neck pocket.... </Eternal Refrain>

And I'm seemingly determined to give the postie a hernia with the amount of parts I'm hopingly expecting to arrive this week from every corner of the pretty-much round-and-cornerless world, but then I have a fine collection of While-you-were-out cards to cash in tomorrow at our dismal sorting office place, so they may have already arrived, but I wasn't here to see them.

So does that mean it happened at all?

(Excuse obvious distractions of unseen trees falling in forests,
do not pass go,
definitely hand over yet-another-£200 etc.)

So there we are. Or rather I am, you only catch-up later, if ever or at all, at all.

La la laaa

No comments: