Friday 10 August 2012

Re-Introducing: The Fabulous One, All Over Again

Well, OMFG I have to say that The Fabulous One, with it's new neck and lovely manly tremolo is a bit of a revelation.

Don't get me wrong, I loved it's first incarnation, but with the lump of iron nailed on, it has more sustain and a zingier tone all around.

The neck is a lovely shape-in-the-hand too and has a working truss rod, which you have to think of as a good thing.

The strings seem 'firmer' too, which works for me as well, and the roller bar on the trem gets the best out of the bridge, which is a nice bonus.

I really wish I'd recorded a before and after kinda thingy, but you're perhaps glad I didn't, but I'm well impressed and not a little relieved.

I've got a new guitar to play again, lovin' it, lovin' it and generally, well, lovin' it.

Which is good as there isn't a lot else to report.

We've got to the usual waiting-for-parts sitch as far as The Lightning Dragon goes, and there is no immediate chance of routing The Fallen One or doing anything else much that involves cutting stuff up into chunks.

So there we are, I'd given up hope of finishing The Fabulous One, but you never can tell.

So maybe, a bit of a strummy afternoon, after all...time to dust off those Smiths' licks (OK, Smiths' lick) and Byrds and Beatles tricks.

The Bo-o-y With Tracey Thorn In His Si-i-de...



La la laaa

No comments: