Sunday 26 August 2012

Loves Resurrection

The B Movie One - Buggered by UPS
The Resurrection will be ser-weeet
Well, I have sorted a nice body out for The Resurrected One, which should be with me in the next week or so, and as I know that is 'real' now I've given myself permish to start thinking about how to do it.

I need these rules to cower the psychosis.

Well, maybe one of them.

As for what the what is, well, it is a two pickup jobby again, so I'm planning to put one of Mojo's TV Jones-sized P90s in along with a TV Jones or Gretsch 'bucker of some sorts.

Saying that, the pair of Mojo P90s that were fleetingly in The B Movie One (RIP) were a bit special, so I won't rule it out.

As I've gone for another swamp ash body with a sumptuously groovy grain, I'm loathe to hide it, so I think it might be another stain jobby thought perhaps a bit more pronounced than the last time. We'll have to see when the body arrives, I guess. I am thinking that this time is will be a heavier stain rather than just to bring out the grain, with a nice hard wax oiled finish on top. But then, I'm always thinking something.

As for the neck, I've got a lovely rosewood boarded tele one, which I'm looking forward to twanging my way around, and that is about that.

Can't wait to start to be quite honest, and as we're into the final week of bratski-induced-downtime, I hopefully won't have to wait for too long.

In other news, I've sorted out a nice maple/maple neck for The Betty Blue One, so when the replacement bridge arrives from GFS we should be in clover. I've also got a nice set of Klusons (left handed, I remembered) for The Fallen One, as when I tried the Steinberger ones in it they didn't look too hot, to be totally honest, and they felt a tad on the neck heavy side of comfortable. But there we are, we have to try these things.

As for The Lightning Dragon, well, no fotos yet but the lightning is on and the red spots/blobs should be there today with a bit of luck. A light coat of something sticky and lacquer-like should finish that off in time for the rest of the parts to arrive and everything getting put together before the lass returns to school. On target, as planned and I don't want to think about what happened to the budget.

La la laaa

No comments: