Thursday 23 August 2012

Me Old China

Super Shiny Old China
Well, I've been sat back and ponderously pondering what to do this Autumn, and generally it seems it is going to be about chopping things out of wood, and making strange shapes in a Semi-Acoustically-Danelectro-esque kinda way.

Which is cool, I like that.

So some of those things that have been hanging around on the Coming Onedayish list will finally move forward and life will be simpler, I'll pay my bills on time, plan meaningful activities for the Bratskis and generally become a good an proper citizen.

However, as far as my own little guitars go, I'm going to try and keep what I have for a while, and limit my meandering to pimping the Tokai Les Paul I should get next week sometime.My Old China, as it seems to be known locally. To me anyway.

I think I said before that it has already been pimped to some extent - new CTS pots and wiring, Tokai Mk4 pickups and removing the glossiness of the finish, but I think I'm going to swap the pickups for a Peter Green type of set (I've been looking for a chance to try Mr Mojo's PAFs for a while, and this seems perfect) and I've had a Fake58 Ye Olde wiring loom hanging around for ages, so I might pop that in for the 50s look and feeling. After that, well, we'll see how we go, but I love the way JXG did Old Honey and there are plenty of tips there to try, methinks.

But anyway

La la laaaa

No comments: