Thursday 30 August 2012

The Lightning, The Fallen etc.

Well, we're just about there with the Lightning Dragon once the scratchplate arrives, which is all good stuff. I even got the brats to drill new holes for the neck to be bolted on and they came out really well. I can see me subcontracting in future.

The daft thing is that I'm really looking forward to playing it and  have already been told that I won't be allowed to as I keep telling her not to touch my Jazzmaster.

Which is fairy Nuff I guess.

At least until she is at school.

Other than the dawning light, I've decided that the four Jooky days of next week will be all about The Fallen One. I'm determined to sort it out, and on the strength of it dug all the various bits out.

The list of things to do is something I'm refusing to be scared of, despite wood chopping being involved, there is nowt I haven't done before.

It be:

1. Rout neck pocket. It is too shallow so I need to dig deeper a few mm.

2. Pickups hole things: Same with these, they are a bit shallow, so I need to get deep down, baby.

3. Bridge: I need to drill some holes for the bridge thing.

4. Stain the body and finish with wax oil. No point doing this before I make some holes as it would be a guaranteed way of ballsing that up, let's face it.

5. Drill neck holes. One for the kids.

6. Put it all together. Simple..

And that is it.

How hard could it be?

And if I can't get it done in four days I never will.

Probably.

La la laaaaa

No comments: