Saturday 18 August 2012

Sliding Away...

Well, I have to say I'm all flattened deflated at the moment after the hole-cut-backwards-ness of the bridge plate for The Betty Blue One. Whether they send a replacement or not, it is just so annoyingly boring and take-long-time-ish.

I could just use a different bridge I guess, but it isn't as it was meant to be, and that be that.

So basically, Betty is back in the corner again for a while, until my brain recovers.

In other news, despite expectations I have spent some time recording The Fabulous One, but that too has ended in a frustratingly aching heart as the $%^&*& PC crashes every time I press the STOP button on Audacity.

I mean, you can't imagine the great art that has already been lost to the world.


As for other stuff, to cheer meself up I've bought a How To Play Slide For Numpties DVD and one of those funny little bottles as a slide (Coricidin Coricidin - bless you etc.)

Now, I can actually play a bit of slide - I used to play along to lots of old Blues records at one time, but I think this autumn I need to stretch my brain a bit, so this can go on top of the pile of other books and DVDs I've accumulated and never used.

But this time will be different.

Really it will.

Honest.

Either that or you'll see them on Ebay next week.

I'm trying to teach myself a little patience at the moment, that's all.

Plus I'd need a new guitar to setup as a slide-box, of course, and those shiny metal resonator would match the glazing of my eyes.

La la laaa

No comments: