Tuesday 7 August 2012

This is It?

3 Steps To Satisfaction
Step 1: 90s MIJ Jazzmaster
Well, I am suitably covered in yellow paint, my boots glow in the dark and I have breathed in far too much sanded-lacquer-dust for antibody's good, but the Lightning Dragon has come along nicely so I feel like I've done something good for once.

Proper parenting, innit?

Doing something you want to do and claim it is for the little bratskis.

Other than that, I put the Mustang bridge on my Jazzmaster, and have fallen in love with it all over again.

It just feels right when I play it and I've come to a worrying point in my life where I'm really-quite-happy-thank-you-very-much with my guitars and don't actually even imagine needing any more. I'm there, the GAS tank is empty. Done and dusted and generally sorted in and out

Most weird. I honestly don't think I need any more at all.

I've got my (cheesy) 3 Steps To Heaven all at my feet.

Or rather I will have when I sort the Old Gordo out, but that is going to happen soon methinks.

Just as soon as I decide on the pickups.
Step 2: Prematurely Aged Les Paul Studio
So, theoretically happy this week at least, whilst fully accepting that I need a Tele to call my own and maybe a La Cab, another Jazzmaster and one of those Squier Jaguars if I can't stretch to a MIJ one, and a Danelectro Wild Thing, and a Firebird, a Les Paul Traditional, a Vox Teardrop, a Ricky 360 and a 620, a Gibson 335, a nice big orange Gretsch with a P90 at the neck Cochran-style, and probably a Strat in case somebody pops around and wants to borrow a guitar.




I quite fancy a 12 string too, but have to ask myself, would I ever use it?

But generally, I think I'm there.

Though I quite like the look of those Airline thingies too, now I come to think about it, and maybe a sitar, a nice mandolin, an Explorer and a Vee as they are pretty cool and I'd love one of the orange Epiphone Wildcats and a Nighthawk and a hand filled with Eastern European things with lots of buttons and switches for when I get bored and need some inspiration.

Obviously, the Les Paul Jr with a single Dogear P90 goes without saying, so I won't bring that up.

But anyway, I'm generally happy.
Step 3: Battered to Funk Gordon Smith

Other than that, the trem didn't arrive for The Fabulous One, which is annoying, but the funky Steinberg tuners for The Fallen One did, though how the hell you fit them I really don't know.

A job for tomorrow that one, methinks and I've found a  How-to-Fit-Them tutorial on the Stew-Mac web site, so that is OK. Or would be if I could ever follow instructions..

I do have to accept that I really am going to have to cope with some woodworking-pain if I'm going to get on with much else, which is a lickle annoying as it isn't what you'd call holibob-compatible. Hmmm.

But anyway, I've got some Spacemen 3 to murder

While I look at the National and Dobro web sites...

Terrahabit

La la laaaa





No comments: