Thursday 2 August 2012

Another Day, Another Neck

Well, not a lot done again today, apart from picking the paint for my lasses Lightning Dragon - High visibility yellow, naturally. Nothing understated around here.

I did get the new neck for The Fabulous One though, and it is quite lovely.

I went for a Maple/Maple job this time and the finish is lovely and smooth, like silk it is. I'm really going to have to put that right.

So the old neck is off and I'll swap the Grover tuners across tomorrow. It is slightly wide for the neck pocket, but better that way than too loose. I'd forgotten how much fun this guitar is, that Toaster pickup from Mojo is stunningly cool sounding..

I am still in two minds whether to replace the tailpiece with a horseshoe tremolo or not. The tin bridge takes a bit of care at the best of times so I'm wondering whether the trem would be a step too far or not. Maybe I'll just get the neck on tomorrow and see how it is with the tailpiece and go from there.

Blimey that almost felt grown-up and proper organised and methodical-like.

La la laaa

No comments: