Thursday 2 August 2012

Fallen In Love Again...

Well, The Fallen One now has a corroded headstock to match the scratchplate and if I ever get some lacquer I can finish them off, which is cool. The Steinberg tuners will hopefully be here this week too, so at least the top end will be sorted out.

I did manage to have a wee praccy as far as the neck pocket goes, as I haven't tried one in ages, and that turned out well, so with a bit of luck (and peace and quiet for half 'n' hour) I might well get it sorted out today or tomorrow or maybe even next Wednesday. Which would be nice as I want to get on with starting the finish, as it were.

While I am into the routing side of life I thought I would also make a start on the centre 'log' for The Hartlepool One. I've cut a chunk of Korina especially, so getting the neck pocket sorted out would be a really good start. Not that I have too many expectations for the first few goes, but starting it would feel quite majorly cool. And that's the kinda guy I am. Blisteringly cool. (Ahem).

I must admit, in the R&D lab of my little brain, The Hartlepool One is turning into more of a Semi-Acoustic than a Danoelectro, which is a worrying trend toward something or other.

La la laaa

No comments: