Friday 17 August 2012

Getting Into Futures, Dahlink

Well, the good news as far as young Betty is concerned is that GFS are rather cool and had sent me a replacement straight away for the mirror-image bridge 'plate before the day was out. Can't say fairer than that, I guess. Maybe there be hope for her future, after all.

Other than Beth, the next week is going to be somewhat distracted and vaporific at best, but I'm getting my head together about what the Autumn will bring, and I think it will be fun.

I think there are two main things that I want to happen (both of which I probably said last year, but I have the ability to forget such things and if you had any kind of attention span, you probably wouldn't be reading this anyway.)

So the votes from the Portishead jury, are:

1. Make some guitars. 

OK, that is what I do at the worst of times, but I really mean make some bodies for guitars. I want to do the Dan Electro/Semi thing, and I want to chop some wood and release the angel within, as it were. I want to have a Teardrop, 620 and a custom shaped one by Xmas.

There, ambition.
Specific.
Measurable.
Oops.

2. Make less guitars. 

I've sort of somehow averaged 2 guitars per month over the last couple of years and felt all the way that I'm slacking. Which to be fair, most of the time I have been. But I'd like to half that to have more time to do the woodwork thingy. So that'll be 3-per-month, then, I expect.

And that be that.

La la laaa

No comments: