Thursday 30 August 2012

So Near, Or

Well, with a bit of luck we'll get The Lightning Dragon finished before the weekend is out, with the slight wrinkle being a minor cock-up in the wrong scratchplate being despatched dept.

But a replacement is whizzing it's way quick smart double-time and will hopefully arrive tomorrow. Axesrus were brilliant about it, great service as per usual.

So we'll get some done today - tuners, bridge, neck-bolted-on, maybe even wire the pickup up and man it looks cool. It probably sounds daft but I bought a cheapo pickup because I liked the cover, and then swapped in the Catswhisker pup I found in a drawer. The daft thing was it was cheaper than buying the cover elsewhere with the added bonus of something to put in the drawer so it doesn't feel bereft.

All in all, despite the breaks for weather, holidays, birthdays and going-to-the-park, I have to say I've been pleasantly surprised how well this has gone..

I've very deliberately let the bratskis do all of the work, which probably explains why it is getting done on schedule and looking as it should.

I can feel a dynasty coming on.

I'm most proud of the synchronised paint runs on the back and the checking on the side. Lovely.
(Really, I am.)

As for next week, well school opens once more on Tuesday and I'm pretty fired up, though not most other times.

So I'm going to be going for it a wee bit and hopefully Jookyfying the nation once again (ahem).

I've been sketching out body shapes off and on and am going to be making some templates, which is good. This Second-Coming-Jooky lark is occupying me somewhat at the moment and I'm trying verily hard not to offer to run whilst yet to take on to solids, as it were. But still, a boy can dream.

As ever my problem is controlling the urge to start forty-seventy-three projects before I've finished one of them and ending-up bewildered and generally making the big announcement and killing myself to make it happen.

But what can you do?
A baggie can't change his stripes, after all.

So today, bit of Lightning Dragon-ing, is 'bout as good as it gets, and when the 'plate arrives, a bit of gilding, knocking together, the usual WTF moment that defines just about everything, and we'll be there. Lovely.

What was the question again?

La la laaa

No comments: