Tuesday 7 August 2012

Of Fallen Dragons and Fabulous Jazzmasters

Well, the back of The Lightning Dragon is a satisfyingly obscene day-glo yellow, and after a bit of work has some nice crazing here and there too. It has had some lacquer as well of course, but will have more after Phase Deux, whatever that proves to be.

The front gets the treatment today, so that's cool, if not a mellow,
yellow.

In fact I got side-tracked and we have started the spraying already, a few coats in fact. Obviously we aren't looking for pristine here, more of an anti-OCD approach, so the crazing was lovely on the back and we've ladled the stuff on like custard so we have all manner of gloopirific runs down the side.

As for the rest of it, well it is going to have a 24 karat gold leafed scratchplate and all of the hardware will be golden too, if I remembered to order the right stuff.

As for the day job, well the headstock and scratchplate of The Fallen One got lacquered and are pretty much done, and today with a bit of luck and a fair wind at the back, the trem for The Fabulous One might arrive as a finishing touch.


I really want to get this sorted and fettled as it is starting to bug me, hanging around, eating all my chips, winking at the Ukuleles; all actions unbefitting of a civilised house guest.

To try and focus my befuddled brain, I thought I'd plonk together The Fallen One to try and inspire me to sort out the routing for once and ever more. I'm pretty chuffed with the way the 'plate looks against the walnut, though that should end-up a tad darker methinks.

So today - it will be slo-mo-a-go-go, but I should get the front of the yellow peril painted  if nowt else and I've ordered a new router, so things might be on the up soon enough..

Oh, and I treated my Jazzmaster to a nice old Mustang bridge, so that can go on too. Lovely.

La la laaa






No comments: