Wednesday 29 August 2012

Rout Mastering

Well, thingies seem to be come gathering together muchly lots nicely at the moment. The Lightning Dragon is poised for a flamboyant flourish, I'm ever more optimistically expectant that all of the AWOL missing parts to my various jigsaws will one day arrive, and I'm getting excited about it all once more. Which is a goodly cool thing with tingling tinkle bells around the edges.

Don't ask me quite how I managed it, but I grabbed a tender half hour yesterday and had a bit of a zoom and duck with my router.

Some quality time.

Though it isn't getting any easier - I'm still dodging homicidal bits from the old one as the new one arrived and didn't work and is now going thru that whole...
nightmare-service-returns-dept-on-holiday-for-a-decade-this call-cost-
you-£9.49-please-call-again-Buuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrr.
....scenario

But I seem to be coping regardless.

Despite answer fone hell, what was pleasing was that I somehow got the hang of chopping neck pockets out of chunks of wood and after sanding a bit more all slow-glacier-like, the Strat neck I was aiming for somehow seemed to fit.

I actually did 7 in the end, and all turned out well. Though what sort of guitar is going to have 7 necks and no bridge, I'm really not sure. Or look exactly like a plank, come to think about it.

I know it seems daft, but this is the one thing that has been bugging me. I'm quite happy following a template for the body shape (which is useful) and pickup and control routs seem to go well too, but the neck pocket, I don't know, they've been killing me. Sometimes almost nearly possibly maybe in the actuality.

Anyway, when I next get a chance I'll do The Fallen One and we'll be in the quid seats there, and more importantly it opens the door to the Dano/Semis and solid shaped bodies I want to be building.

In fact that is another cause of optimism in The Little Kingdom of Jook, as I have got my head around that side of things too. See, and it sounds daft, but I haven't been able to work out how I should describe the guitars that will be made from scratch so that they are differentiated from the ones made from collected parts (if that makes any sense at all). But now I know and being a bit of a nerd, having the meta data/structure clear makes things easier for me. So I smiles, smiles, smiles.

But I'm going tangentically off in odd directions, so that is for another day methinks.

La la laaa

No comments: