Wednesday 15 August 2012

Rainy Day in Slo-Mo

Well, another rainy day here in funtown, and I seem to be at a bit of a loose end.

I've started making some sort of sound file for The Fabulous One, but then knackered my headphones and the PC speakers, so I can't hear what it sounds like (though I have a fair idea in truth, and I expect you do too.)

Plus of course, Minecraft, Roblox and YouTube seem to limit my access to PCs and laptops on rainy days at the best of times.

Elsewhere, The Old Gordo finally got picked-up today (that's the sound of a stupid heart breaking) and I decided against the Steinberger tuners for The Fallen One as they seemed a fair bit heavy, so I've gone for a set of Klusons instead. Even remembered to buy lefty ones, most impressed with myself.

As for the tale of the incoming, well nowt has arrived as yet, but I probably wouldn't get much done at the moment if it had, so Key Sarah as they said in ancient Latinland.

Can't remember if I said, but I do seem to have acquired a Tokai Les Paul. It is a Chinese or perhaps Korean, rather than an expensivo Japanese one, but that is OK, I have no hang-ups about such things.

America, China, Korea, Manchester London, they're all foreign to me.  But the Tokai - it has already been pimped a wee bit, having the Japanese Mk 4 pickups fitted, CTS pots and all that, brass nut (not good for chilly monkeys or mornings) and the shininess has been rubbed away so it looks nice and sheeny instead. Not that I've seen the sheen yet, but there we are.

I'm thinking that I will probably get a nice SG at some point for 'bucker duties, but figured I'd get a cheapo Vintage LP or SG to tide me over, but this popped up and, well, there we are. I'm going to see if I can keep it for a whole month as it will make a change.

Other than that I've been sketching some body shapes I will one day get around to trying to make and failing dismally at. It seems a bit of a waste to just copy existing ones if I get the hang of it as that, err, kinda goes against the grain in lots of ways.

La la laaaaa

No comments: