Saturday 11 August 2012

I Don't Know Why, I Love You

But I Do
Well, I am in my usual state of flux around here. The Fabulous One has turned into a bit of a dream and I can't quite seem to bring myself to leave it be. It has a real Ric sound to it (OK, I know the Mojo Toaster pickup might be influencing this) and the neck is just lovely.

And, and, and...

*sigh*.

Elsewhere, obviously my pondering of my own three guitars the other day got twisted in my bonce, as I seem to have shifted between trying to work out what pickups I'd want in the Old Gordo, to shoving it on Ebay and flogging it. And I'm a little shell-shocked as I really don't know why, I loved that guitar.

I do seem to have this deep-seated need to kill the things I love, or at least get rid of the guitars I like, not sure why it is. Probably low self-esteem or an even lower boredom threshold.

For the first time in eons, I have a meagre three guitars in the house including The Fabulous One, which as ever is on the block. And the Jazzmaster and Old Honey are looking at each other a bit twitchy like.

Of course with the Gordo gone (can't believe that I can write that so flip) I am indeed humbuckerless, which might have to be filled by an SG or Les Paul of some description. Saying that I've been casting glances at the Squier Jaguars, but inside I know I won't like it as much as my Jazzmaster, so then I feel 'why bother'. But maybe one of those Jaguars they did a while back with two humbuckers could be a decent compromise. Hard to say, innit?

Of course I could just get my act together and make something with 'buckers, but then it is just another turn of the wheel, and...there we be.

But anyway...

La la laaa

2 comments:

Chris Gorman said...

You're barking mad, my man. I can't help feeling that it's possibly only your wife's intervention that stops you trading in whichever of your children looks at you funny, and swapping them for someone elses.

"I really liked my eldest son. We were getting on great, and with a bit of work on his neck and a rubdown with sandpaper, he'd probably have been a really decent guy - so God knows what possessed me to fire him on EBay with a Buy It Now price of £249."

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

You are particularly right. I feel quite chastened.

He did have it coming to him though, and the Best Offer, well, you can buy a lot of rust for £100 these days...