Wednesday 22 August 2012

TV Dining For One

Well, I read something the other day friend-of-Jooky Sean had put on Facebook, that reminded me of a long standing wish I've kept for years, only to be spontaneously unveiled with a flourish, in Bm.
When I was a kid I always had an imaginary friend, he/she spoke to me, and yes, I answered back. Tis true. And I realise that it may sound a bit cracked, but sometimes I still do.

I won't introduce you as (s)he is anything but shy and tends to take over. But the lad/lass is with me always and in lotso ways, that does me good.

I can't say I've ever worried about it, it just isn't the type of thing that you bring up in brightly lit conversation, if you see what I mean.

But saying that, Erik(a) always seems to talk a peculiar sense, and in my teenage years it struck me, that (s)he would have made a great religious leader, and in fact I've always nurtured the dream that one day it would happen.

And unlikely though it sounds, what Sean wrote was that 'when one person has an imaginary friend, we call them mad, yet when many people have one, we call it a religion.'

And that was what I'd always thought, so maybe there is hope yet.

In the meantime, I thought I'd make a guitar in Erik(a)'s honour, which would be half glam-filled glitz and half dour reality, so I'm going to go for a completely new - rather dashingly chic design, sprinkled with faerie dust yet in some way a little bit tawdry and tattered.

So that'll be the TV Dinner One, and who knows, maybe one day people will think of it as Ikonic.

La la laaa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jooky, I'm glad my mad ramblings have been useful to you!!

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

They always are Sean... How's the 70s tribute going?