Friday 3 August 2012

Getting Fab All Over Again

Well, a bit of Morning Glory saw The Fabulous One, get a new neck fitted, with the original Grover tuners (nice rusty screws in place - check) and raring to go.

Hopefully the posty will bring me a boxload of new strings and I can get it proper fettled and play the thing all over again.

I'm glad we've ended-up with a maple boarded neck, it was originally meant to be that way but naturally I dithered and changed my mind a few times on the way.

Better still it is straight. (It's the little things in life that make me smile, like Oompa Lumpas and Ronnie Corbett.)

As for the remains of the day, it'll be over to the Dragon's Den for a bit of Hi-Vizzy yellow on the Lighting Dragon.

Masks and goggles have been arranged as have surgical gloves and Dad's old T Shirts - so they will be fully protected from the nasty niffs.

I still haven't organised the pickup I'm going to be using, but all the other bits 'n' bobbins should be here soon enough, so that isn't top of my list right now.

But there we be..ending the week with a flourish, I like that

La la laaaa

No comments: