Monday 6 August 2012

No Particular Place To Go

The Golden Shower One
AWOL For 12 Months Now
Well, The Old E One got a final strum, or forty, before it got packed and ready for the courier. (I've changed brand from UPS to TNT as I don't think they have stomped one of my guitars yet.)

So today involves a little of the usual waiting.

It suddenly struck me earlier, that it is nearly a year since I dropped The Golden Shower One into my local tech for a bit of raised-fret attention.

I was going to sort it out myself, but figured that this would be quicker. Since then I think I have had 78 different guitars. I'm not sure what this says, other than perhaps I should give them another call.

I rang a month or so ago and they said they would be doing it soon, so I suppose I shouldn't complain.

As for other stuff...

1. The Fabulous One: Waiting for the trem to arrive. Everything else is done that can be done though.

2. The Betty Blue One: Waiting for a neck and the trem from the US of A

3. The Fallen One: Waiting for me to grow a couple and do the routing. Other than that it needs pickups/wiring, tuners and strap pins, finishing etc. All of which will crowd me and point fingers soon enough.

4. The Travellin' Man: Finished the lacquering and need to chase-up the parts.

5. The Lightning Dragon: The back is painted, but we ran out of paint, so I have the do-I-nip-out-and-risk-missing-the-courier / stay-in-and-do-nothing- while-the-courier-does-a-no-show dilemma, we all know and love.

Other than that it is waiting for parts. Oh, I came across an IronGear teSLA SHark pickup yesterday, which will do nicely I think. Clever naming that IronGear crowd. Subliminal, even. Nice.


And that is about it. I've obviously not started the others yet, as they are better left said. Some things are.

La la laaaa

No comments: