Wednesday 30 May 2012

WIP: The Raspberry Ripple One

Well, yesterday was a day of courier hell once more, but they got here in the end so the Epi Dot is off to fields fresh. As that kinda ruled out woodwork, I went hades-for-PVC with the Epi SG and apart from a couple more coats of lacquer to do today, got a fair old way along, I have to say.

As you can hopefully see, the body and neck have been bronzed with a smidge of copper for depth, and then suffered the indignity of a mushful of the house acid. This has been stabilised and then lacquered. I was planning to wax oil it but, err, forgot until about five minutes ago when I tripped over the tin of oil and spread it across the garage floor. Ho hum.

Other than that, I've had a change of heart and am doing it as a Jooky proper, as basically I thought it was worth it. So gone are the cheap Epi tuners and a nice set of Grovers are on their way. I've also ordered a full face scratchplate for good measure and have raised my sights on the pickups too. Basically, I've learned that I can't bring myself to do anything other than my best, which is a worrying trend. I never thought it could would should happen to me.

Speaking of pickups, I've decided I want to go the twin PAF route, for some reason, so I'm on the skirmish for those at the moment.

There we are, The Raspberry Ripple One. It might have had a broken neck, but it can still make a contribution to road safety in particular and society in a more general sort of way, I feel.

La la laa









1 comment:

David Farmer said...

Gah! They do it to me every single time. Awesome. I think Jookies may be my smack. I can't decide if this is preferable.