Wednesday 9 May 2012

In The Navel

Well, bit of an odd day. I got The Glory B One copperificated and will be throwing acid in it's mush shortly, but that is about all. The courier will now be tomorrow *sigh* so I'm wishing I hadn't boxed The Kooky One up.

As for the Sonex, well, I've had a bit of a fiddle and I'm liking it more and more. I was playing it side-by-side (no mean feat) with my LP Studio and they are quite different, which shouldn't surprise me but somehow does. Like playing a Tele and a Strat, I guess.

All of which leaves me in my standard 'undecided state' as to what I should do with it. It would be a shame to cover up the aged white as it looks beautiful in 3D, so I can't see me Jookying it, though I am tempted to change the wiring (the switch is a bit temperallymental, for one, and the tone pots are kinda off-or-on) and maybe the pickups too. I quite fancy putting some Dirty Fingers in it or T-Tops if I can find some of the right vintage.

So do I keep it or not, I'm not sure about that yet. I am already feeling that I have too many guitars again and with the PRS coming soon something will have to give. Especially as I still fancy an SG, amongst others (ahem). Whether the giver is the Gordo, the Studio, the One or the Sonex, we'll have to see once they are all sorted out in their own little ways. Maybe I should get rid of all of them and just happily play my Jazzmaster. Well, it's a thought.

 </NavelGaze>

La la laaa

No comments: