Friday 11 May 2012

In The Crissy-Crossy Hairs

The Radiator From Space - MojoTron
Well, the more-of-a-stripe-than-a-burst The Glory B One is coming together quite nicely. I've finally got my act together and sorted out the single pickup scratchplate, and best of all Marc from Mojo has just sent me a foto of the finished pickup - that will forever now be known as a Mojotron. =>

Basically, it is a slightly warmer Filtertron type of thing, that looks rather cool. He has also done me a loom for it, so Glory B indeedy.

As for the scratchplate, I've decided to go for copper because, well, I think it will look nice. And what else truly matters?

Following on from my thingy the other day, I've kinda decided that I need to get rid one one of my guitars - because I don't include Jookies in the head-count, obviously.

But which one....so I could do with some help:

1. '93 MIJ Fender Jazzmaster : Handy hint this one goes nowhere

2. '92 Gibson Les Paul Studio

3. '81 Gibson Sonex 180 Deluxe

4. Aria Acoustic: Horrible sentimental attachment, so this stays.

5. PRS SE One: Hasn't actually arrived yet

6. '80s Gordon Smith

And I'm finding it tough.

The obvious way is last-in-first-out, which means either the Sonex or the PRS, but I'm loving the Sonex right now and have lusted after the PRS SE One for ages and have one of Mojo's P90s and looms to install which is something to look forward to.

But I can't see me losing the Gordo as it is a complete wreck, but is probably the one that makes me smile most when I play it. It smells gorgeous too.

Which leaves the Les Paul Studio, but again lust comes into it and side-by-side, I'd have to say it pips the Sonex - though that could be a pickup thing. I am liking the ebony board on it though. And the colour, but then the Sonex' neck is a total dream.

So what to do?

Decisions, decisions.

Maybe I should put them all on Ebay and see which goes first.

La la laaa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ditch the PRS or the Les Paul Studio. I'd happily lose the PRS just because I don't like hem.

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Yeah, must admit the One is the only PRS I've ever fancied, but I'll need to be wowed. The studio is possible, but I think I prefer it to the Sonex, and...I don't know really. :o(

T.P.Moreston said...

Well, why don't you follow Wolves example in their completely bonkers choice of Norwegian manager, who's just been sacked for leading FC Koln to relegation. Swap the Jazzy for my Fenix Thinline Tele - as played in Suicidal Sperm. You know it makes sense ;-)

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Ooh, is it autographed by 'Family Bucket' the lead singer?

T.P.Moreston said...

That can be arranged.I can even leave the glittery stars on - after all, you did give them to me in the first place.