Thursday 31 May 2012

Writing On The Wall

Well, another day another duffnut and as I'm into my final hours d'freedom I thought I'd see how far I can get with The Raspberry Ripple One. So the plan today, for today and tomorrow (assuming such things as tuners and scratchplates arrive in a timely manner) is to finish this baby.

To this end - I am such a writer honey - I have removed the pickups from my Gordo, which now looks sad and forlorn, but every war has casualties and it will just have to deal with it - and I have put them on a table next to the wiring loom that came from a Gibson SG some time or other.

Sitting on a table, big step towards productivitiness, you have to admit.

Also, I have dug out such niceties as chunky strap pins and bits of bridge and tailpiece (OK, haven't found the tailpiece itself, but I know I have one somewhere), and there we go. Once the 'plate arrives I should be able to solder and bolt and with a bit of luck we might end up with a pretty guitar that makes cool noises and everything.

All good stuff.

If on the other hand nothing arrives as hoped, well, I will immediately leap into Plan B Mode and pretend that I'm a fat old sad white boy rapper who looks like Paul Jewell. Or maybe at least get the soldering out of the way so I can plug everything else together when such opportunities present themselves.

I think we all know what will happen here, to quote a poet of note, the writing is on the wall.

Shelley never came up with lines like that, though maybe Shelley Winters did, I wouldn't know.

As for what I'll do over the next week or so, well woodwork is out, but I have vague hopes that all the various bobbins will arrive so that I can get it on and generally bang a gong with the pink-tastic The JoBo One. I've decided that this will be a proper single pup Esquire and I'm-a-planning on getting another Broadcaster pickup from Mr Mojo as it quite simply was the best Tele-pup I've played so far, and that be good enough for me, tellin-yer.

But that is for another day...just a case of waiting for the postie...

As for today, I'm maybe possibly meeting Simon from Fusion Guitars at a motorway services to relieve him of some bits of wood and guitar bodies (I think anyway), so that is something to look forward to in between watching day time telly in my vest and generally living on scratchcards and Pot Noodles.

La di laaaa di daaah

No comments: