Wednesday 2 May 2012

Looking Forwardly (Slight Return)

Imagine this...just different, La.
Well, tis nice to get The Kooky One further along the line and there is still an outside chance that I'll get it finished this week, which is cool like a fool, but until things show-up, I'm again stuck for things to do.

Next on the list is of course The Fabulous One which is all verily excitement-brimmed.

For those of you with a memory better than mine or my goldfish, I'll apologise for the repetitively-wearisome update, but the basic idea is that it is a kinda Fender Coronado semi-acoustic thingy with a few Jookily applied wrinkles..

Just remembered I don't have a goldfish.


You can see what I'm up against here.

But The Fabulous One, It 'boasts' a Coronado body, a big headed Strat neck - rosewood now rather than the maple boarded one initially expected - a groovily cool trapeze tailpiece and a Dogear'd Bare Knuckle Nantucket P90 for the sounds.

It'll also have a Mojo wiring loom when I remember to ask Marc to sort one out (Note to self) and there we are.

As for the finish, I'm going for a dark stained and waxed/oiled back and sides with a bronze top, with a sprinkle of corrosion to taste. Scrummy.

Why I haven't started it yet is of course down to the fact that it needs pickup, pot and socket holes chopped out of it, and it hasn't been possible recently. However, next week it should be so I'm looking forward to knackering up yet another piece of wood and discretely removing it's name from the Coming Soon list..

After that we are going for the woodwork in a big way, although I might sneak a Tele in somewhere along the line as I fancy having another go at a veneer - walnut this time rather than rosewood. But we'll see. That is just a glittering-glistering-glimmeron the horizon line right now..

So in summary, there be plenty of something to look forward to, even if living in the future is all I have right now...

*sniff*


La li lo laa laaaa

.


No comments: