Wednesday 23 May 2012

Flame Grilled Toast

Well, bit of an early start today as the Bratskis wanted to see the Olympic Torch being shuffled along by some geezer in an '80s shell suit, so that was fun. It surprised me a little though, just how many people had got up to witness this once-in-a-lifetime-opportunity to look at a flame.

Still, must have been the first time in living memory that the Police were getting cheered as they went past.

Nobody, was singing We'll Meet Again, but there was a definite Blitz Spirit (tm) about the place, and a few of the people watching looked as though they had been bombed out overnight.

Here back in Jookyland, it will be a quiet day as real life intervenes once more. I've ordered the final bits (pickups apart) for the JoBo One, so that should be on the cards for next week, and I've also snapped up (hopefully - all TBC to be fair) a couple of broken guitars. Both have had headstock breaks, and will give me something to play with, so I must dig out the clamp collection.

One is an Epiphone SG, which as I may have mentioned once or twice-per-dozen times was my first proper guitar, so that is nice, assuming I fix it. The other is an Epiphone Rivera, with the headstock completely removed. This I would think might be the trickier of the two as there is potential for me to put it on back to front or upside and down. Still, if it happens and I can fix it, it would be fun as they have three P90s and that sounds like a fine place to be, to me. Of course none of this might happen at all, but we'll see.

And my heart gave a little flutter just moments ago, when Marc-of-Mojo-Fame sent me a little picture of the not-a-toaster-at-all bread burning pickup I'm hopefully going to be putting on The Fabulous One if I ever finish it like.

So, cool, so verily chilly.

La la laaa

No comments: