Tuesday 8 May 2012

The Fabulous Glory Day

Well, the morning has given way to such trifles as packing up The Tatty Adonis One, which gets swapped for an '81 Gibson Sonex tonight, somewhere strange, and The Kooky One which will hopefully gently be placed in the back of a lorry before the day is done.

As for other things, I had a chat with Marc-the-Mojo-Man about doing something different pickup-wise for The Glory B One, and he is going to wind me something special, which I'm all rather excited about already.

I wanted something lower output - the Novatron I had from Wizard a while back kinda giving me a cricket pitch to bowl at, but maybe with a different sound. (As you can imagine I give very clear and definitive directions as to what I want and Marc translates these into something cool that to be fair has little to do with me.) All of which is pretty groovy, I feel.

Today though is the starting point as far as The Fabulous One goes. As you can see from the piccy hopefully, I've marked out where I think the pickup, control knob, jack and bridge will end-up. This is very important and in no way should be mistaken for me bottling the cutty-out bit.

I thought of the old maxim about measuring thirty times and cutting once, disregarded it, my bottle twitched, re-examined the concept from a different perspective, stopped shaking and then drew it with a pencil instead of using something more permanent. Though what is more permanent than a pencil, I don't know, apart from maybe indecision.

So anyway, we're in clover, like it is 1999.

All I need to do is dig the drill out, fire up the router, visit casualty, and there we are. I can't imagine anything more simple.

First though, I'm going to give The Glory B One's body a bit of a coppering. I decided that was the way to go right at the start of typing this sentence.

La la laaa

No comments: