Sunday 6 May 2012

The Quite Fab Coronado Chicken

Well, a new week beckons and I'm kinda thinking about what to do now that The Kooky One is done, dusted and out the door to sunny Mancland, and The Tatty Adonis One will soon be posing around Oxfordium somewhere.

As for what comes next, well, I'm all out of excuses now as The Fabulous and Pearly Dew Drop Ones both require some level of (gulp) woodwork if they are to get anywhere at all, as there quite simply is nothing else to do Jooky-wise.

Well, I say that, but now you come to mention it there is a super-stratty type of thing popping up soon, but I need to get a "Floyd Roses for Numpties" book to have a hope of getting that going and I've got a bit of thinking to do on that score as to what I'm going to do with it. The think I'm thinking involves lots of taffetta and frills and basically something Oscar Wilde would delight in, on a night out with Lilly Langtry. But it's WIP as ever. These things change.

So woodwork it is and this week, I think I'm being Fabulous after a spell of being a  little more Kooky. I'm nothing if not adaptable, though it is probably a first on one of those counts.

Despite the trepidation, I can't wait to do-a-Coronado, as it were and I can already see it in my head somewhere and I think it will be uber cool.

Marc at Mojo has done me a loom already, so there is something to join the Bareknuckle P90 in noisy nirvana and there we be. I have a nice big headed rosewood Strat neck (though I'm not one to boast) which should look the part as well, so it is just the simple, mundaneous little matter of finding a bit of bottle and chopping with confidence.

As for proper wood chopping, I think I might have a go sometime next week as well, once the blood lust is clouding my eyes and I'm standing, router in hand, with a 387 yard stare, (I'm myopic), nothing is safe. Especially me, I would imagine.

In for a penny and all that.

Other than the silencing of the hands, I am planning to do a Tele Esquire in the near future. not that I have any parts at all or money come to that, but unlikely ambition is my stock-in-trade, dontcha know. For the finish on that I was planning a veneer, but maybe just one more paisley before I give up for the summer. I wasn't going to do anymore, but I saw a nice hot pink paisley earlier on and....well, it would be rude not to.

La la laaa

No comments: