Saturday 5 May 2012

of Comings and a Goings

Well, no sooner is The Kooky One on it's way (I've been twanging this morning, and delish it sounds too), but the The Tatty Adonis One is off on it's travels too.

So once more I be Jookiless.

Really must get The Golden Shower One back from the tech.

I'm always up for a trade, but it rarely happens, but this time it has and that is cool.

So on the horizon, in a dim lit car park no doubt, The Tatty Adonis One will be exchanged at checkpoint Charlie for an old, 1981 Gibson Sonex.

I've always been curious about these - not least because they are made with Resonwood, which was one of Gibson's attempts at being different. From what I've read they had a mahogany core with this resonwood stuff on the outside... They described it thus:

"The Sonex guitars were constructed with a bolt-on neck, but the bodies featured a new material Resonwood, and a Multi-phonic construction."

This is it anyway, so should be fun...

From no-guitars-to-play I seem to be all-a-gather again, with my Jazzmaster, Gordo, Les Paul Studio and now the Sonex and PRS SE One on the way.

Cool.

La la laaa






No comments: