Thursday 17 May 2012

WIP: The Glory B One and a Bit of Angst (Slight Return)

Well, I'm all-of-a-cringe at the moment, as I decided to put three of my guitars (not Jookies, I mean, from my private stash) up for sale, and see which one goes first, as I can't decide which to keep and what to lose.

I'm not taking it weeeeell so far, I have to admit. I keep shouting 'Nooo' every time one of them gathers another 'Peeper'.

I know it is the coward's way out, or at least one of them without having to scribble notes and get involved in ropes or hosepipes, but I guess it appeals to the randomness in my soul, even as it breaks-me-up-inside. (It is offish crap-80s-lyric-day in Jookyland, in case you are wondering.)

The sad thing is I don't want to sell any of them and will be all upset and melancholy-shopping-trolley when/if one of them goes, but there we are.

And then somewhere deep down is a little voice asking me whether I even need them at all... Which is of course stupid and basically a subtle form of sacrilege and not something I'm likely to think about ever again. I feel somewhat dirty even mentioning it, and not in a good way

The ones that haven't made the list are my Jazzmaster and the Gordo, which with a P90 and a '57 'bucker covers most of the bases the other three do, but that sort of rationalisation isn't helping overly-much-at-all either. Though I'm going to bite the bullet and replace the SD Phat Cat in the Gordo as it is annoyingly-too-nice, especially after playing the Mojo P90 in the PRS. I am tempted by one of Mr Mojo's Wide Rangers, but I do like a P90, it has to be said.

Though I chased-up The Golden Shower One at the local tech, which I know was maybe a bit pushy as I only dropped it in back in September, but you have to chance your arm, and that has a couple of P90s in it, so maybe. It'll be ready by Christmas, I expect..

In more distractingly-better news, the scratchplate for The Glory B One arrived and is now suitably copper-covered and acid dribbled, and the aged tuners are in the aged neck.

I will hopefully be putting it together sometime tomorrow, despite still being brat-infested. I need to do it just to find out what the Mojo'tron sounds like, for myself and in a way, I like to think for each-and-every-one-of-you out there. (ahem). Looks pretty stunning when it is plonked, if nowt else.

Right, off to play my Jazzmaster and Gordo, sequentially, to convince myself I don't care about the others

*sniff*

La la laa

*sniff*




No comments: