Tuesday 29 May 2012

The Glued-Up Epis

Well, I found the camera and here are the glued-up Epis.

And wouldn't that be a great name for a band?

The Dot will soon be off to new fields, sorely missed and all that, but I am trying to be grown-up about it and so here I am, awaiting UPS once-more-for-luck.

I have realised that I need loads of parts to get the Riviera ship-of-shape, so that will have to wait until I'm a bit flush - three P90s and a Bigsby for a start, sheesh. Need to re-mortgage the re-mortgage again.

But the SG I'm going to start to refinish today with a load of sanding and then a mixture of gubbins because sometimes you just need to express yourself and let people know what you've got on your mind. And as mine is a bit befuddled at the best of times, it could get complicated and yet blurred around the edges.

One thing though, I've always preferred full fat of face scratchplates on SGs so I'll maybe go with one of those - mainly because the little one I had was from a Gibson and doesn't fit, I have to admit, but there we are. Call me Zappa's mate.

Or not, as you like.

But whatever.

As for pickups, I'm struggling to decide to be honest, which is odd as I'm normally so decisive and sans ditherment. I might get another of Marcy-boy's Mojotrons and put it with a PAF of some sort, that could be fun, or even just a couple of P90s. Decisions, bleurgh. Hate them.

All of which sounds stunningly familiar, I'm sure. I need to be clear and say that this most definitely isn't a Jooky, despite how it may look, as I plan to keep it and if it was a Jooky even by accident - I couldn't.  (I've fallen into that trap before, let me tell you.)

So it will still say Epiphone on the front of the newly stabilised headstock, because then everything will be OK. Even if it does cheapen me in ways I can hardly describe.

And it wouldn't be a Jooky anyway, as it will have a repaired neck, worse, repaired by me, and I'm not sure I could sleep at night for fear of flying woodchunks killing random audience members in random ways.

So basically, as the Riv is in the same coracle, I'll have two guitars that I can't move-along-please-sir, which is awful but I'll just have to cope really.

The plan today had been to finish chopping and drilling The Fabulous One, now that I have the magnifique Mojo Toaster-tronic pickup, but it depends when UPS arrive, I guess. Assuming they might in some parallelogram of a universe. I've kinda forgotten what I was planning to do and can't be arsed to go look back at the blog, but I'm thinking stained and oiled back and sides and bronze-of-top. Though I have some gold leaf which might be nice, but no, I think it will be bronze.

There, a decision of sorts. And so quick. this doesn't normally happen to me.

La la laa




No comments: