Friday 25 May 2012

Losing My Head

Well, blimey. It seems my clearing-it-all-out thingy has a bit of a set back. The PRS SE One has gone, and so did The Glory B One. Which was a good start, but now it seems as though the broken Epis I was talking about are going to keep me busy..

There are in fact three rather than two and amazingly they showed-up this morning (Ah, ParcelForce, so much to answer for..)

They be:

1. An Epiphone SG with a bendy neck. Or perhaps not as bendy as somebody thought neck,

2. An Epiphone Riviera with a detachable (well, detached) neck, and

3. An Epiphone Dot again with a somewhat bent-oddly neck that is all blonde and fresh looking.

Not quite sure what I'll do with them, assuming I manage to fix them that is, but I think the SG is destined to be a little sit-in-the-corner type of thing for easy strumming duties and somewhere I can plug in pickups and see what they sound like without too much grief..

While the others, well, we'll see I guess.

The SG and the Dot look to be straightforward in a glue and clamp way (I hope so anyway), while the Riviera looks a bit more major, but such is life.

In addition to these I have some other stuff - bodies and the like, I think coming from Simon at Fusion next week. I talked to him ages ago and can't remember what they were at all, and I'm not asking as I like surprises. They should be here next week sometime, though who be saying can really?

So my plans for a simple life seem to be retreating somewhat.

Yesterday was spent practising making neck holes in lumps of wood, which would have been quite impressive if I had a neck to check if they worked out or not.

I have got one - well, three actually - somewhere, but can I find them?

Not a hope

I also cut some holes for P90s, humbuckers and a Tele bridge pickup. Which seemed to go OK enough.

So if anybody wants an oblong guitar with a neck on each side and seven pickups, step into my office. I might just be able to help you out.

Later, I'm going to have a go at cutting it into a teardrop shape before I start doing it for real next week on a lump of something more expensively wooden and tonal..

Well, so I say.

So in summary, not too much has happened this week with the other and one thing, but who knows, the brats break up from school next week so maybe I'll get something done before then. What, I really haven't got a clue.

La la laaa




No comments: