Tuesday 22 May 2012

Coming Soon: The Jobo One

Oh, to be a notch...
Well, I couldn't get deep down and woody today and tomorrow is looking decidedly ropey too, but I did snaffle some bits and bobs for what I'm lovingly terming The JoBo One.

Now don't get me wrong this isn't an official Joe Bonamassa signature guitar, nope. But I figure it is only a matter of time before he does play a Jooky and well, one thing leads to another, quick article in a dozen guitar magazines and there we are. I just like to be prepared for future eventualness.

So it is more of an imagining - a kind of what-if, if you like. And I think if Joe (he doesn't mind us calling him Joe) were in fact to want a Jooky, this would be it. He just doesn't know it yet.

So in my head, what would Joe want from a Jooky?

Well, from the top, it is going to be boasting a nice ash Tele body, a sparkly pink paisley finish, traditional brass saddling and a maple/rosewood neck. Or maybe a maple/maple one, haven't quite decided on that yet. As the Joe in my head hasn't been ultra clear on that point.

As for the pickups, I can't quite decide whether it will be a proper Esquire, so a single bridge pup and some spiffy tonal switching optionals, or whether to go for broke and have a neck pickup as well. Maybe even a 'bucker.

Hmm, that's a thought. I'm not sure whether Joe is the kind of chap who'd needs a 'bucker as a kind of safety net or whether he'd just get on with the natural limitations of an Esquire without any bother. I think the latter, but I'll have to think about it a bit.

Additionally, I haven't quite decided whether to just paisleytop it, or whether to do the whole body, so we'll have to see about that too, I guess.

But there we are, one for the Coming Soon list I thinketh.

La la laaa

No comments: