Thursday 1 November 2012

And So...

And Next Is Likely To Be - Rotting Bronze
The Bergasol One
Well, I waved the van with The Fallen One in, off to a new home in Oz earlier, and have been wandering around as though the brats had left home.

The house seemed so empty.

So quiet. Comparatively.

The noise and clutter and violence and screams, always the screams...should have given me a clue they hadn't though.

But gone it is, and I'm lamely not quite sure what to do with meself.

Well, thinking positively, Marc at Mojo Pickups has done me a super hot Tele pickup for the Esquireified The Bergasol One, which should be pretty hot, hot, hot and hot to trot next week sometimes.

I've finally got to the bottom of my issues with The Chi Chi One, which were basically that I'd - err - put the wrong knobs on the pots and was getting my volume and tones confused. I knew there was something, and well, it was as simple as that.

I was thinking that I'm surprised not to have had the usual offers for my Chi Chi baby, and then remembered that it might have something to do with my not putting it up for sale. So if you are the chap who normally offers me your Park praccy amp and twenty quid, sorry about keeping you dangling and I'm very touched but I'm afraid it is no again.

I'll put it up for sale next week when I've polished it or something.

I am genuinely loving it, has to be said. The P90 is glorious and the PAF sings and between the two I make an unlikely racket alternating between Tony Iommi and Paul Kossoff.

I'd record it so that you can see what I mean, but unfortunately I am hoping for some self-esteem for Xmas and wouldn't want to upset my chances.

My neighbour asked me if I can turn the distortion up as it covers the awful playing better that way. Which was a bit rude, but honest.  And only encourages my need.

But anyway...

La la laaaa

No comments: