Sunday 4 November 2012

Throbbing Missile

Well, I was thinking the other day (imagine that) and came to conclusion that maybe, just maybe it is about time that I made a Jooky bass.

I've been threatening to for ages, but never quite got there.

It's the Autumnal weather that does it as I remember the last lot of Autumnal weather and deciding to do all of these things 'Next Year', and then realising that well, I haven't.

So, I found myself a nice swamp ash Precision style body and a suitable neck and snaffled them up, and for the pickups had a quick chat with Marc at Mojo Pickups and when I've decided what I want he will no doubt do me proud. 51s seem the most likely though.

And I think I want it to be that classic old P bass sound as this is my first, in fact I'll probably go quite trad on the fixtures and fittings too, as you can't go too far wrong with that, let's face it.

As for the finish, well I want this to look pretty old and battered, so it will be rustificated like a good 'un, though maybe just a rusty top with a yellow stained back could be a nice angle for the dangle. I need to think about that, clearly.

So that will be along one day some day, The Throbbing Missile One, maybe definitely some fine and sunny day.

La la laaaa

No comments: