Tuesday 20 November 2012

WIP: The Pearly Dewdrop One

Well, there is still a bit to do - mainly bolting the neck on and wiring it up - but I'm really rather pleased with The Pearly Dewdrop One as it stands.

The corroded bronze with copper sprinkled top is beautiful, fotos don't catch the depth too well, so trust me on that, and I went for a nice braided binding complete with bronze topped upholstery pins around the outside.

OK, I can see that not exactly being many people's idea of a good time, but I love it.

Other than that there is not a lot to be said about it, I guess.

Elsewhere in Jookyland I heralded the arrival of the lovely swamp ash body for The Floored Genius One, and immediately set at it with some stain I'd mixed up, which is a warmer dark oak or maybe a darker light walnut, or well, something.

Sort of greeny brown in truth.

As for The Marvel Us One, I really can't face it today.

La la laaa




No comments: